BM&FBOVESPA had a record trading volume of BRL 35.8 billion today, from the previous record of BRL 24.3 billion on August 17, 2011. Furthermore, the exercise of options on the BOVESPA Index (Ibovespa) generated a record BRL 14.4 billion today, with 241,540 contracts traded. The previous record in Ibovespa options was also on August 17, 2011 and totaled BRL 9 billion.
Of the volume exercised today, BRL 12.58 billion was in put options and BRL 1.84 billion in call options.
The Ibovespa index ended the session 1.09% higher at 55,650 points.
The contracts with the largest volumes were:
– The series at 58,000 points totaled BRL 1.88 billion in put options;
– The series at 59,000 points totaled BRL 1.59 billion in put options;
– The series at 56,000 points totaled BRL 1.58 billion in put options;
– The series at 60,000 points totaled BRL 1.57 billion in put options;
– The series at 62,000 points totaled BRL 1.38 billion in put options.